RE: (ET) RE: New member needs an ET

> > When you're running the shunt motor in full blast mode you
> are basically
> > suffering a controller loss of 0% (hard wired). My Prizm's
> controller is
> > 93% efficient at best, and it's an AC unit.
> >
> > Thus you lose 7% of power, correct?
> >
> > Chris

Will the alltrax controller provide more power due to the
finer control over the field? I.e. it could do variable field
weakening and thus optimize the relationship between the
internal series field and the shunt field that is connected
separately not sure what is implemented.

I don't know much about how to optimize motor performance,
just thinking out loud. I read a post from Feb. 2002 made by
David Roden, suggesting that the E20 motor e.g. is a compound
wound. I wonder how fast one could make the E20 by weakening the
field further. The Armature would draw more current but would
that additional current result in more usable speed?
Correct me if I am wrong but does weakening the field keep overall
power constant? My reasoning is that as the the field is weakend
the motor becomes closer to a series wound motor (due to the
series field) and on series wound motors the torgue decreases
with speed until an equilibrium between required torgue and
drag is reached. However, the series field is probably not able
to sustain the power output if the shunt field is weakened.

Markus