Re: (ET) ET new technology and abandening the ICE

On 5 Apr 2004 at 21:52, daveb wrote:

> a solid
> state controller like the DCX.  to me thats a move toward simplicity.

Mostly I agree with this sentiment.  Inside the DCX there's a fair bit of
complexity, but I don't see that.  It's a magic box that replaces a panel
full
of circuit cards, connectors, and contactors.  It doesn't have dozens of
possible failure points for me to check: it works or it doesn't.  To me
that's
actually easier to deal with.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
The question can arise whether with the development of such tech-
nological means of communication as radio, film, and the daily
press, freedom of thought is possible at all.  Does this not mean
constant infection with whatever ideas are in circulation?

                                     -- Czeslaw Milosz, 1942