(ET) new electrics

The JD90 uses a "slip clutch" on each mower motor shaft, fiber washer between two heavy steel waxhers and a shoulder bolt to prevent overtightening. Dunno about anyone else, but I don't like the idea of controlling that blade slip with a torue on the mounting bolt, not a dependable way to mount anything unless it can be locked by a set screw. Not nice to have a blade play boomerang {:-{

Yeah, I don't have any problems with the 3 fixed speeds and only two solenoids in the power circuits, although an automatic speed control that would adjust over the ground travel to cutting load might be kinda neat. (;-')

wombat

I agree on an outboard charger been using one for a lot of years since the timer quit on the onboard one.