-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of welches
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 12:55 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) Re: new electrics

Regarding belts & immovable objects...  One of the appeals of the ET is
that
there aren't any complicated belt mechanisms, especially with a mid-mounted
deck where access is tight.  To avoid losing a motor, why not have an
"overload" breaker switch of some sort that cuts out when a blade is
forcibly stopped or highly stressed?  The operator could just reset it and
proceed.  No belts to change, no safety issues, no fuss...

My 2 cents - and I don't even own an ET yet!  How's that for cheek!

Steve