Re: (ET) Warn lift

I was thinking that a meter might not accurately read the low-duty-cycle square wave that would be coming out of the controller.  If a cushion battery was used I think it would fix that problem, though.  I think you just suggested adding a 12V system to the tractor charged by the 36V system!  Haven't seen that thought go by before...

>>> "Christopher Meier" <mr23 mn rr com> 2/18/2004 8:31:36 PM >>>

Why not just measure the output voltage of the controller, measure the throttle 'pot' resistance/voltage at that output setting, and apply a fixed circuit (resistor or control voltage) in place of the throttle?  You may want several settings, one for 'float', one for 'charge', one for 'equalize'... depending on the type of battery used (uh, assuming a separate 12v battery is used as a cushion...)