Re: (ET) New guy in town...

I think one of the key issues on the Elec-Trak as opposed to more modern tractors is the fact that you do have to do some annual maintenance on them. They are 30 years old, and back then things weren't quite the same "drive till it drops" philosophy that permeates most stuff these days.

The most important thing IMO is to make sure the tractor is lubricated. Get a grease gun and lube the front axles, the front steering points, the front axle bar itself, the rear axles, etc. Change the tranny oil, pull the batteries and check for rust/make sure the liner is intact, that sort of thing.

The electronics are dead-simple, especially on the E20's. My whole smart card is out right now (one of the diodes cracked due to too many mouse nests in there) but the tractor still runs fine in speeds 1-5. I'll fix 6-8 this spring.

Chris