Fwd: Re: (ET) cap's

Yes David, you are right on target. Bill will answer many a question with correct ways to fix your problem, and too many times he will get the comment, well, I can buy that down the street. Well, go down the street and buy your item and see how long it takes to drive Bill out of business. Bill is your life line to these THIRTY YEAR OLD tractors. I know he is mine.
Again thanks David and the people that do support Bill Gunn.
Garry Freese     East TN

   At 01:45 PM 1/31/2004, David Roden (Akron OH USA) wrote:
> I tried a 8mf which I had  ...

> Toronto' electro-sonic might have a cap ...

Why not just call up Bill Gunn?  You'll get the right part with a minimum
of
hassle.

You'll also be supporting him.  Bill cares enough about these tractors to
stock the parts, find sources of new parts, even have parts made when
necessary.  He gives free advice over the phone and invents upgrades.

Folks, these are THIRTY YEAR OLD tractors. It's remarkable that ANYONE still has parts. If Bill Gunn gives up on them, parts get scarcer and scarcer; ETs go from being practical working machines to collectors' items. At that point
anybody who needs a reliable tractor will have to buy a new gas tractor and
relegate the ET to a hobby.

Bill stocks lift straps, bearings, belts, capacitors, relays and all the other
little things.  Sure, you can get many of these locally, maybe even for
less
money.  But I say give Bill a little financial reward for his investment of
effort, time, and money.  If we buy these little things from him now, that
increases the chances that he'll be there to supply the big, hard to find
parts 5 years from now when we need them.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
The question can arise whether with the development of such tech-
nological means of communication as radio, film, and the daily
press, freedom of thought is possible at all.  Does this not mean
constant infection with whatever ideas are in circulation?

                                     -- Czeslaw Milosz, 1942