Re: (ET) cap's

I'd have to agree. I'm placing an order for my snowblower; he has *everything*. And I will be buying the bracket from him instead of from the list because he does support the things.

Very handy when we need a part that you just can't find anywhere else. Go for the low bidder or the local place and you might find Bill gone one of these days.

Chris

David Roden (Akron OH USA) wrote:
I tried a 8mf which I had  ...

Toronto' electro-sonic might have a cap ...

Why not just call up Bill Gunn? You'll get the right part with a minimum of hassle. You'll also be supporting him. Bill cares enough about these tractors to stock the parts, find sources of new parts, even have parts made when necessary. He gives free advice over the phone and invents upgrades. Folks, these are THIRTY YEAR OLD tractors. It's remarkable that ANYONE still has parts. If Bill Gunn gives up on them, parts get scarcer and scarcer; ETs go from being practical working machines to collectors' items. At that point anybody who needs a reliable tractor will have to buy a new gas tractor and relegate the ET to a hobby.

Bill stocks lift straps, bearings, belts, capacitors, relays and all the other little things. Sure, you can get many of these locally, maybe even for less money. But I say give Bill a little financial reward for his investment of effort, time, and money. If we buy these little things from him now, that increases the chances that he'll be there to supply the big, hard to find parts 5 years from now when we need them.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
The question can arise whether with the development of such tech-
nological means of communication as radio, film, and the daily
press, freedom of thought is possible at all.  Does this not mean
constant infection with whatever ideas are in circulation?