RE: (ET) Shunt or series

I'm not sure about this but I think that if a series motor is kept
around it's nameplate voltage then it won't have a problem with
runaway. The problem comes from using a series motor on a much
higher voltage as is done in EV's to get much greater power out of
them.

I am going to try to use a snowthrower motor on my kids jr
draster, I will power it with much more than 36v. I currently have
6 13ah Hawkers that I plan on using i.e. 72v for a start. I hope
nothing breaks as this will probably overspeed the motor. if
successful I may go up to 144v in 12, 24, or 36v steps. Knowing me
it will probably be two 36 v steps.

I am sure I will need to modify the motor to cool it, since it
runs hot even in the winter.  Then again I may ask my
neighbors(Advanced DC Motors Inc.) if they would like to help us
out a little

Does anyone know the ratings on these snowthrower motors, or the
brush numbers?

Stay Charged!
Hump