Re: (ET) Shunt or series

It is, indeed, a series-wound motor.

Doesn't this hint that the guys at GE thought the problem of run-away in a
series wound is overrated? I mean, in an app where the load can easily be
lost (the chains do break... one has on me!) shouldn't they have used
another configuration? (And the motor survived, by the way, in case anyone
was worried.)

Or, ha ha, is it a little spare parts prob/stats application!? ("Chain
broke? You'll need a new chain, and, er, lemme see, says here a new motor,
too...")

-Maxo,
who loves the wealth cheap and available series wound motors,
who has never destroyed one in a run-away,
but who is careful just the same.

--
http://www.maxmatic.com/