(ET) checking cells

Wondering how you check cells on the current "flat top: batteries ?

In my reliability test lab testing charging systems we "ate" a lot of batteries, just watched electrlyte levels - add water - and pitched them after a few thousand hours at a usual voltage of about 2.5 volts per cell . We ran some tests for at least 2 years at full output and a room temp of over 100 f.

On my home batteries, I use a standard load meter to check occasionally, once in a while (like once a year) a hygrometer.

wombat