Re: (ET) plow vs thrower

I never plow anything that I can use the snowblower on.  The blower
has several advantages.  First of all, each pass clears the entire
width of the blower.  You can't plow the whole width of the plow if
you are plowing to the side, because the snow piles up and goes around
the wrong end of the blade.  The blower also moves the snow much
further and doesn't pile it up in a bank.  When it snows again you can
clear the same space again, whereas with the plow your driveway ends
up getting narrower with each snowfall.

You can blow somewhat wet snow, especially if you wax your chute
regularly, but if the snow is really wet and sticky it will clog too
much.  Then I resort to the plow.

                     Ken