(ET) Snow Thrower Speed

Does anyone know the rpm of the snow thrower auger?

I am converting a 36" craftsman unit to electric.  I am using a 36 volt 3 hp. 3000 rpm series wound motor to drive it.  The way it is set up now the auger speed will be around 1300 rpm.  It is belt driven.  It has a spring loaded idler pulley, and I am hooking up a limit switch on it to shut off the PTO relay if the belt brakes.  Thank you for the info on series motors not having speed regulation without a load.  It can at just the right time.

Ralph Vogan
ralphgv centurytel net