RE: (ET) level the snow blower

I'm due for some rust work on the battery boxes that I'm going to do this
spring when installing the new controller. I can feel the tractor itself
flex when going over uneven ground, maybe that isn't normal? I'm not a
welder so I have to get the tractor over to my body guy and then strip it
for him.

Front bracket would refer to the lower bar that the blower goes on? I
haven't noticed any wear or flex on that bracket. I'll take closer look at
the blower itself. I want my body guy to make me some "wings/drift cutters"
for my blower to make it a little wider. I have my wheels flipped out so my
chains don't scrape the battery box (they are large truck chains) and they
are a bit wider then the blower width. I. think a piece of steel of the
appropriate thickness that has a lengthwise crease so you can bolt it to
the side of the blower and it sticks out at a shallow angle about 1.5
inches and is somewhere between 36" and 48" tall.

This weekend I was carving tunnels through the plow pile at the end of the
driveway , the snowblower didn't have a problem with it until I covered the
chute :-)

Jeff Tickner
Technical Support
800-545-9485, Ext 536
SoftLanding Systems

                      "Elie, Larry

                      (L.D.)"                  To:      "'Jeff Tickner'"
<JeffT softlanding com>, elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
                      <lelie ford com>         cc:

                                               Subject: RE: (ET) level the
snow blower
                      12/08/2003 10:04

                      AM

Sounds like wear on the front bracket, or the blower frame is flexing from
age.
Mine is now, due to rust on the bottom.  Side to side float should not be
more than
about an inch.  However, every blower is heavier on the one side, and a
small
amount of this (half an inch) is normal.  The whole idea is to clear so
much snow
that the back tires are on basically dry pavement.  Half an inch is OK, but
leave
2" on one side and you may get stuck.  Temp fix is add an old wheel weight
to the
back of the blower on the light side.  Even a coat hanger will work to try
it out,
but you add weight to the lift.

You can TRIPLE up the strap on the blower by adding another roller opposite
the
first, and adding one more pin.  The blower is VERY heavy.

When the batteries get low, the thrower will clog more (it's turning
slower).

Larry Elie