RE: (ET) loaders

Thanks for the info about EG&W - that's interesting!  I use a set of tire chains and several cinder patio pavers in the weight box.  Not enuff weight for backing up a slope with a full loader bucket.  Chains are helpful if you don't mind trashing a surface (hopefully dirt)  I think another 100 lbs of wheel weights or similar in batteries would be plenty.  A good set of main batteries will give you a lot of run time on the loader, providing you use the PTO switch to shut off the pump when not actually raising or lowering.  Don't totally focus on auxillary batteries being a "must."  Now I have got to go see about the current Wright Way from Cedar Rapids IA and their dump trailer - what are the odds they are related?  Where is Eagle Grove anyway?  I love industrial archeology!

-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu [mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of Keith Stieg
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 12:56 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) loaders

   E.G.& W was indeed  Wright Way loaders from Eagle Grove, Iowa.

I understand the company was in business for less than a year, before

closing the doors. I do have a booster pack with 3- 12 volt group 31?s.

Also building A 36 volt gen. pack, Trying to turn it into a ??hybrid.??

And a set of cast iron wheel weights, Might have to try a set of dual

Wheels with lugs!

Keith Stieg