Re: (ET) loaders

How about a momentary on switch that turns on the pump via a relay so you only run the pump when you run the bucket? On forklifts, they have a setup like that, you can hear the pump running only when you lift the mast. Should be easy to wire up.
anton

Pieter Litchfield wrote:

Thanks for the info about EG&W - that's interesting! I use a set of tire chains and several cinder patio pavers in the weight box. Not enuff weight for backing up a slope with a full loader bucket. Chains are helpful if you don't mind trashing a surface (hopefully dirt) I think another 100 lbs of wheel weights or similar in batteries would be plenty. A good set of main batteries will give you a lot of run time on the loader, providing you use the PTO switch to shut off the pump when not actually raising or lowering. Don't totally focus on auxillary batteries being a "must." Now I have got to go see about the current Wright Way from Cedar Rapids IA and their dump trailer - what are the odds they are related? Where is Eagle Grove anyway? I love industrial archeology!