Re: (ET) First Rate NOS DC-DC Converters on Ebay

Hey, Paul,
Sorry so long- been enormously busy.
Well, It worked!  Last Friday afternoon I picked up the Harb. Frt. Wagan inverter (I had to- I had 24 hours to get this project going, a catalogue discount for the Wagan, and the Xantrex model they had didn't have any leads.  I figure if I burn it up, I'll bring it back.), loaded up the family, the e-15, and all the lumber, lights, tools, signs, and warm clothes we had and headed for the Cambridge, MN Snowflake parade.
It took us several hours working at a feverish pace in falling temperatures and a rising wind to build the float on an 8x8' cargo trailer.  We built up a 2x4 framed high hitch on the back of the e-15 to level the trailer, hooked up the inverter as the snow really began to fall,  flipped the switch, and then there was light!  Two 25' strings of lights, a halogen "Happy Holidays" sign, three 23 watt compact flourescents for spot lights, and a stereo for Bing, Burl, Perry, Andy, and Nat King Cole to sing Christmas songs on, all powered by the tractor, which also pulled the float!  My wife had my 6 yr old in the barber's chair, and my oldest boy dressed up in the Fantastic Sams mascot costume, and off we went just as the blizzard hit.  And what a hit we were!
Thanks again, Paul, for your help and advice, you really helped me figure this out.  I was concerned about having enough power, but even after all that, the power guage was barely down.  Next time, LOTS more lights!  I'll send pictures when I get them...
Steve Anderson