Re:(ET) Mower deck

    I finally got my E20 to the point where I could cut the grass with it.  I have been restoring it for about 2 years now.  I got it free from a family member who had it in a barn for 20 years.  He didn't have time to work on it.  It had a side discharge deck and I just received a Kit from bill to convert to rear discharge.  I don't know if it has the same baffles you are talking about, the kit was his # 513172.  The baffle came in three parts and went on with jbolts.  I never cut with an ET before so I can only compare it to my ICE White tractor.  The grass looked smoother, Partly because there are no big heavy tractor tires mashing the grass before it is cut.  Where the grass was heavy it left quite a thin blanket of clipping about 1 to 2 inches long along the center of the cut.  It seams to cut tree leaves into 3/4 to 1 inch pieces.

    Be careful, you can get an interesting view of the hood with Bill's new brake system!  I am trying some LED Lights on it, but I need to rework the headlight holders so they point the bulb straight ahead.  The #1142-W19 bulbs shine in a 15 degree beam and our holders are angled about 45 degrees to the side.  The #BA9s-W bulb works great as a dash light, just plug it in.  They should draw less then 300 milliamp total at 12 volts.  With the proper dropping resistors in series they should work good at 36 volts with no increase in current.  I got them from http://www.supperbrightleds.com   The 1142-W19 is the replacement for our T-1076 bulb, it is a marine light bulb, boaters use a lot of them.

Ralph Vogan
ralphgv centurytel com