Re: (ET) Re: E16 speed selector repair

After I replaced the roll pin, I found that the 'action' stiffened up;
apparently
hammering the old pin out and the new pin in probably tweaked the mounting
bracket and/or distorted the 'frame'.  I gently pried the mounting bracket
back
opposite the direction of the hammering (imperceptable amount, really) and
it
started to work a bit easier.  I thought I'd wait for a few responses
before
working it any more than that.

I did clean the cam disk (as good as possible without disassembling), and
it made a bit of a difference.  There was a bunch of fine particles all
over
it
and would come out of cracks and crevices during the hammering; apparently
they are from the lever that wears while moving it in the (forward/reverse)
guide.  Quite a bit has been worn away, the diameter of the lever is about
1/4 reduced in a couple of spots (due to the Z shape of the action).
Because
of this 'debris', I'm thinking about complete dissassembly and cleaning; on
the other hand, a DC controller sounds like less work :-)...

-Chris