Re: (ET) problem with upper electric board

On 22 Sep 2003 at 18:21, david white wrote:

> there
> is also a big drain when i first press the speed pedal.

Some startup surge is normal.  But if the power use meter is hitting the
peg
on the right side, check for binding in the brake, or bearing problems.
You
should be able to push the tractor fairly easily when the transaxle is in
neutral.

Another possibility - especially if the tractor is sluggish - is that the
drive motor field connections are loose, or the reversing relay is kaputt
(usually it's burnt contacts).  I'm assuming you have a reversing relay.
I'm not sure since you didn't tell us what model ET you have.  What is it?

> after it gets going
> it then stops and go into full on the fuel gauge.

Do you mean that the tractor starts normally, but then stops?

When it's running, does the tractor seem to have normal power?

By "go into full on the fuel gauge" do you mean that when it stops, the
"fuel gauge" goes to full?

What did the "fuel gauge" read before you started the tractor?

How hot does the drive motor get when it's running?

Was the tractor running normally until recently?  When did the problem
start?

Don't know 'bout the board; I haven't had much trouble with mine except
for
a diode that just sort of vaporized once.

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to figure out what's going on.
(Remote diagnosis is always a challenge.)

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
Est. yearly US cost to safeguard Persian Gulf oil supply: $50 billion
Est. 2001 value of US crude oil imports from Persian Gulf: $19 billion

                                -- Harper's Index, April 2002