RE: (ET) new member

Welcome Good luck in your search.

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   Gordon Trump [SMTP:trumpgordon adelphia net]
        Sent:   Friday, August 22, 2003 10:27 AM
        To:     Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
        Subject:        (ET) new member

        I am also new to the list, lurking for now. Bought an E20 with
mower
and snow thrower in 1975 for $250 with "dead" batteries. It was being used
at home by a dealer who had traded it in. Filled the "dead" batteries with
water, cleaned the connectors and mowed for about 4 years (only an acre.)

        This tractor also had the "range pack" which was a metal box with 3
12 volt trolling motor batteries hung out the rear. This string in parallel
with the 6 internal ones. Supposed to mow 2 or 3 acres with this option.

        After these batteries all became unusable, I just put 3 12 volt
trolling batteries inside the tractor- this was plenty to mow 1 acre.

        Later moved, ended up in a small place, gave it away to a relative
who never used it and it just went to rust.

        Reworked all the motors (my dad is a machinist and I am an
electronic tech) and made various small changes, replaced the pedal
microswitches, built a new charger etc.

        Now have 5 acres, about half in grass and an elderly Craftsman lawn
tractor- would kill to have E20 back. So I am also looking for one in the
mid-atlantic region- will pay appropriately for a good big one, any brand,
in good condition.  << File: ATT07796.txt >>