(ET) new member

I am also new to the list, lurking for now. Bought an E20 with mower and snow thrower in 1975 for $250 with "dead" batteries. It was being used at home by a dealer who had traded it in. Filled the "dead" batteries with water, cleaned the connectors and mowed for about 4 years (only an acre.)

This tractor also had the "range pack" which was a metal box with 3 12 volt trolling motor batteries hung out the rear. This string in parallel with the 6 internal ones. Supposed to mow 2 or 3 acres with this option.

After these batteries all became unusable, I just put 3 12 volt trolling batteries inside the tractor- this was plenty to mow 1 acre.

Later moved, ended up in a small place, gave it away to a relative who never used it and it just went to rust.

Reworked all the motors (my dad is a machinist and I am an electronic tech) and made various small changes, replaced the pedal microswitches, built a new charger etc.

Now have 5 acres, about half in grass and an elderly Craftsman lawn tractor- would kill to have E20 back. So I am also looking for one in the mid-atlantic region- will pay appropriately for a good big one, any brand, in good condition.