Re: (ET) Removing Front Panel

On my E15 I found that after removing the 4 screws I still couldn't get
the
panel out.  seems it mine was slightly oversize and I had to almost pry it
out.
I think you could also use a longish blunt instrument to tap it out by
removing
the "firewall" panel and inserting something like a screwdriver/nutdriver
thru
the wire harness hole and then tap it out with a hammer.  of course you'd
want
to make sure it was just stuck and not still fastened to something.

dave
Seattle
E12S
E15

> Hi guys;
>
> I'm normally pretty mechanically inclined and this little problem has me
feeling really
stupid.

> My key-switch is loose (I-5). To tighten it I need to access the back of
> the
panel it is
mounted to. I can get it loose but it won't come off. Is it attached to
the
lower panel?
If it is, then I have to remove the steering column first, right?

> I now have two cuttings with the new and improved Bill Gunn built
> baffleless
rear
discharge deck, if you don't have one of these, get one, now!!