Re: (ET) Removing Front Panel

Hey Gang,

Just an update on the use of the GatorBlades in the Elec-Trak deck.  Just
refresh your memories, Steve S. custom made some bushings so the
Gatorblades
fit perfectly and also customized an ammeter.

Overall,

Appearance of lawn       Regular Elec-Trak blades:  C to C-
Gatorblades:  B (definite improvement!)

Mulching ability:             Regular Elec-Trak blades:  D
Gatorblades:  B-

Current Draw:               Regular Elec-Trak blades:  6.5A avg
Gatorblades:  11 - 12.5A avg

In general the Gatorblades outdid the stock blades in everyway.  However, I
still have uncut grass when turning, so this must be a deck problem versus
blade problem.  The motors never overheated or cut out and I've mowed wet
and dry
grass.  Mowing time per charge is quite a bit less due to the high current
draw.

As far as mulching, there are visible clippings but they are distributed
evenly and are short so they're not very noticeable.  If I  go over the
lawn
twice, clippings disappear entirely.

The best part is the sound.  They give an impressive, loud, throaty,
powerful, sound (the type Tim the Toolman would like) which helps cover up
the embarrassing whine from the differential.

Keep in mind I have no baffles and the clippings are free to exit the rear
or the side discharge chute so there is no back pressure.  If I remember
right,Eric had problems with his motors overheating and cutting out and
this
may have been due to the baffling.  Anyway, I think the Gatorblades are
great providing you take your baffles off and you can live with the reduced
mowing time on a charge.

Barry