RE: (ET) Large Frame Mower Deck

A one man test of direction can safely be done.

Disconnect the plug from the tractor, but you did this before you got under the deck, right?

With the plug out the motors are no longer shorted out. The tractor shorts the motors to make them stop faster.

Put your Elec-Trak gloves on.

Now spin one of the blades. You should see the other two blades move in the same direction. You might have to spin it fast to see any movement. Good even movement between the blades may indicated acceptable brushes and bearings, maybe.

Also make sure you do not have the blades on upside down!

 Dwight

Dwight L. Hazen, Indiana University, UITS

Bloomington, In. 47408-7378

812-855-5367 IP phone 317-278-4014

hazen indiana edu  http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~hazen/

Ham Radio wb9tlh arrl net http://wb9tlh.ampr.us