RE: (ET) Mower deck bumper

I don't have a spare, and with parts it does work MUCH better, BUT IT'S
STILL A CHEAP DESIGN!

The thing should FLOAT off the frame at ANY cutting height, without using
the casters; a three or four bar
linkage is called for.

The thing should use chains to prevent swinging (like on a 3 point farm
tractor hitch) instead
of rubbing on the bumper.

The springs?  Well guess what?  The rear gas filled shocks for a Ford F150
will fit just fine thank-you.
Same length; similar rubber bushing size.  BTW; the springs on Wheel Horse
have a rubber bushing not the
swivel.  You have to make slightly longer frame pins to do it.  They will
rub on the bumper just as bad though.  That's right, a real shock
absorber; the gas works as well as any spring for return.  I have a
set in yellow.  A bit stiffer if you run into anything, but not bad.  My
deck brace takes care of that,
and can save an old deck as well.  I have to post some pictures soon.  I
haven't found my gauge scans yet
either, but probably put it on a backup CD.

Larry Elie