Re: (ET) RE: Installing Landis controller in an Elec-Trak E-20

I have already disconnected my timer.  Since I have the landis controller,
and
I've seen much advice about how the timer isn't needed for anything
anymore with
the controller, I think the easy answer is, no more timer.

--
Jeremy Gagliardi
E20

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:28:50 -0400, Don Cohen wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> If the timer is the original, the contacts themselves are probably bad.
> When
> they are, the timer usually gets pretty hot even on a short cycle. If it
> is
> really bad, it probably won't shut off even when you turn it to the off
position
> (if it is already heated up). That is what was happening with mine
> recently. It
> was so bad, that after only a few minutes of being on, it wouldn't shut
> off by
> turning the control, and was already almost too hot too touch - had to
> unplug.
> So I ordered a new motor/timer assembly from Bill - about $35, I think.
> Now
> after a full charge, the whole area of the timer only gets slightly warm
instead
> of steaming hot. Also, if when turning the timer knob back and forth
> past the
> off position you don't hear any strong clicks, that is a sign that the
> contacts
> are bad. My old one made almost no sound at all. I thought it was
> normal. When
> got the new one, I was surprised at how distinct the "click" was when it
> hits
> the off position.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don Cohen
>
> At 10:12 AM 6/26/03 -0400, Jeremy Gagliardi com wrote:
> >Mea culpa and confirmation.  I must admit, last night, I went out and
> >checked
on
> >my controller/timer combo.  Late at night, batteries boiling, my timer
> >was
> >already halfway through a cycle that I didn't start, and the bottom of
> >the
timer