Re: (ET) RE: Installing Landis controller in an Elec-Trak E-20

The stock timer is 2 parts, held together by 2 small screws on the motor side. You have a mechanical switch, like you said, on the top half with the knob shaft, and then the other part is a small motor that starts when you turn the mechanical switch to ON. The motor threw gearing then slowly moves the mechanical switch back to zero and then turns OFF. It is very easy to change out either part to make a good stock timer. You just have to find out what is the part is defective. Mutual conductance is when 2 wires are close together, the wire that has current going threw it will transfer small amounts of current threw the adjacent wire. It would not take very much to start a small motor. Some people may call it a form of EMF.
Garry  East TN