Re: (ET) RE: Installing Landis controller in an Elec-Trak E-20

Hasn't happened to me.  How could that happen, since the timer switch is
mechanical, not electronic?!?  Could something have bumped the switch on,
possibly rattled it during use?  You wouldn't notice it until you actually
plugged it in.

--
Jeremy Gagliardi
E20

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 00:49:43 -0400, Garry & Terry Freese wrote:
> Just when you think you have seen it all,  you get surprised.
> Yes, I was beginning to think I had a mouse in the basement,  Installed
> the
> Landis controller as per the instruction sheet, connected the red and
> black
> wires to the accessory plug and connected the controller in parallel
> with
> the stock timer.  Everything was working just fine as I kept watching
> the
> controller turning off and on.  BUT, (3) three different times the stock
> timer turned ON BY itself.  This meant it started at 0 and was starting
> rotate 360 depress around to get back to zero. NOT GOOD. YES, COOK the
> batteries.  The only thing that could cause this is mutual conductance
> between the wires that are connected to the timer motor, that I know of,
> PLEASE COMMENT.  Rather than shield or move the wires around, I
> connected
> an ON/OFF switch to one of the wires of the timer motor.  Now if I want
> use the stock timer I have to turn ON the switch and turn the stock
> timer
> to the desired position.  Yes this was on an E-20.  The mouse has not
> come
> back since the ON/OFF switch has been installed.
> Has anyone else had this happen?   Sorry don't have any kids or pets
> that I
> could blame.  It's just me the wife and the mouse and a whole basement
> full
> of Elec-Traks.

 mailto:Jeremy Gagliardi com
 http://Jeremy.Gagliardi.com