Re: (ET) mower deck questions

Speaking of mowers.  I was using mine this past Saturday (second chance in
2
months with all the rain).  The middle motor turned off about 30-40
minutes into
mowing and felt hotter than the others.  With a 5 minute rest, I heard a
slight
*click* sound and when I turned it back on, all 3 motors were running
fine.

Q1:  Is there a heat switch that resets when cooler, or is my motor
(brushes?)
going bad?

I think I know why the motor overheated.  My blades are as dull as the seat
cushion, and perhaps the middle blade is unbalanced.  I am having a set
sharpened but won't be ready till next Saturday.  They are _SO_ dull that
it
cuts the same with the beveled or the blunt side facing out--NOT good for
my
grass, but what can I do until I get the sharpened ones back.

Some more questions:
Q2:  My working mower deck does not have the rear flap strip--the rubber
strip
that sits above the rollers.  Is this a safety/performance problem, or can
operate without it?
Q3:  Also, I had to remove the steel walls that normally surround the
blades (is
this called the grass deflector assembly?) because it was very rusty and
bent to
hell and kept interfering with the blades' movements.  Is this a
safety/performance problem, or can I operate without it?

For both Q2&Q3, I have been operating with them.

 mailto:Jeremy Gagliardi com
 http://Jeremy.Gagliardi.com