Re: (ET) C-185 speed control and usage meter problems

At 06:57 PM 6/7/03 , Harold Zimmerman wrote:

When I have the mower running,even with a fully charged pack and on level ground,when I stomp the pedal to the floor,it is very sluggish taking off,it is sluggish for a few seconds and then finally takes off at normal speed.I often end up hitting the cruise control/power pulse button to achieve any kind of decent takeoff.

How old are your batteries? There are a couple of relays that either don't pull in, or pull in slow, with low voltage on their coils. This is happening to one of my machines.

Then,when cutting short grass on level ground,even in D1 the usage meter goes past the red,totally pegged.Fact is,even though the tractor seems to work fine most of the time,the usage meter is in the red or higher even when just driving around.

Make sure you have voltage applied to the field. Lack can cause very high current in the armature circuit. Also make sure all the microswitches in the speed control are operating in the right sequence. Wear on the first couple might do this.

Paul and Sue Abendroth
pabendro gemair com
our permanent address is pabendroth dma org