(ET) Newbee to E Traking

   Hi Electrac' ers;

    Just joined the happy legions of ET  ers with a complete E-12 Electrak,
rolling hulk, rustomatic model. Came with a nice bunch of old ads and
scmatics, to work with. A few Questions; Can I power it up for testing with
3 12 volt batteries? Do the relays, solenoids run on 12 or 36 volt? Seems
there is a 12 volt tap off for the lights? After blowing all the critter
nests and mice out of the electrical box, it looks like things are clean
enough to actually run? Wiring looks to be in good shape. Hooked up one 12
volt in front and 2 in back, 24 volts. Of course the wires arent marked,
THAT would take the sport out of it?Nothin"! So far Hoping to make it move
before I go into sheet metal restoration mode. Easy to do that, nice simple
body design. A few new front tires and away it should go? Do people fix up
the old power circuits or just go to a solid state controller.?

    Electrically

    Bob