(ET) Connecting the Landis controller

I must admit a misstatement I made, oh, probably several days ago.  I
posted
that I connect the Landis controller to my accessory receptacle because it
satisfies the condition of charging with the PTO switch on.  Someone
pointed out
that the PTO switch is the mower on/off switch and the one on the side of
the
tractor is the "power disconnect switch".  I thought PTO was the one on
the side
because it means Power Take Off.

Anyway, I think/speculate it is best NOT to connect the Landis controller
directly to the batteries, because it could activate the charger when the
power
disconnect switch is off...which would be bad, right?  The way I remember
it
explained to me is that if the power disconnect is off and the charger
turns on,
it ends up sending 45V through the diodes to nowhere (because the
batteries are
disconnected at the disconnect switch) and that ends up stressing/burning
out
the diodes.  Correct?

So, when connected to the accessory receptacle, it only gets a reading
when the
disconnect switch is on.

 mailto:Jeremy Gagliardi com
 http://Jeremy.Gagliardi.com