RE: (ET) Ebay Items; sickle bar mower.

I have one.

It was made by Haban Manufacturing (same company that made the
snow-thrower).

It has a 4' wide cut to the right rear of the tractor., and is powered by
an oversized deck motor; the
same dia as the larger deck motor (even the same bearings and brushes),
but twice the length.  It can
cut a sapling of about 3/4" dia, and since the grass 'folds over', you can
cut grass of any height...
several feet at least.  They are REAL NICE for cutting over a creek or
ditch.  It has a different hitch
mount (neither normal or the toolbar for the tiller or the sleeve hitch)
that is very LOW.  you can easily
get on top of a small tree trunk and get stuck.  Also, the cutter can cut
from vertical (hedge sides can
be cut) to horizontal, but NOT below horizontal, so you can't cut the side
of a ditch at an angle.  You
can leave the front deck on the tractor at the same time as the sickle-bar
mower.

I can't find a picture of it here at work, but I have some if you really
need to see it.  I still haven't
remembered to bring my scanned gauge pictures...  so it might be a while.

Larry Elie