From: Solid Technologies [mailto:solidtech qwest net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 10:51 PM
To: 'Chris Zach'; 'elec trak yahoo group'
Subject: RE: (ET) Ebay Items

  I had no idea that GE ever offered a sickle mower for the ET.  Their
primary use is on a farm to cut hay for harvesting - the same idea is
typically used on the front of a combine to harvest various grains.  It is
effectively a set of blades on a bar that go back and forth through a set
of
guides that serve as the other part of a scissors - whatever is between the
blade and the guide will be cut as the blade passes through it as it is
stopped against the guide.  For hay, everything above the cut simply falls
over the rest of the bar undamaged, dries from the sun, and is then bailed.
With a sickle bar, you could also cut one swipe of a bank that was a tad to
steep to drive the ET directly on as the cutting bar would start from the
side of the tractor and project out the length of the bar and does not have
to be exactly parallel with the tractor's axle.

  It would be great to get a full set of photos for the ET web site - and
any other unique attachments...

--joe