Re: Battery Voltage vs. State of Charge was (ET) ryobi

Note also that I have found open-circuit voltage to be totally *useless* when testing AGM type batteries. I have a pile in my shed that read 12.5 or better after sitting for weeks, and will instantly read as "full" when charged. However put a 30 amp load on the with a meter and watch the voltage go to 6 or so.

Sulfated. Dead as doornails. I strongly recommend getting a battery load tester or hooking up a good 20-30 amp load. That will tell you the real condition of your battery.

Chris