(ET) lift motors

With all the worry about using an 18 volt tap for the motor, wonder if
anyone has thought about rewinding one of the current motors to run on
36 volts ?

I burnt out one of mine, rewound it with same wire size and turns as
original, wasn't that hard so should be able to make a 36 volt unit.
I'm guessing 1/2 the wire size and twice the turns but probably not
quite that simple, any comments.

wombat  BTW, what kind of strap do you use on the rear lift ? I'm using
nylon horse leads but they break every so often  ?