-----Original Message-----
From: owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of Jim Coate
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 6:59 AM
To: elec-trak
Subject: Re: (ET) I was woundering.

I agree with the concept, and we are an inventive bunch... but unless
someone is looking for a task, plenty of 21st century controllers
already exist that have proven by use in golf carts and industrial
settings. Curtis being the standard for electronic controllers in this
size, and AllTrax being the new kid on the block (although I haven't
checked if AllTrax has a model to match the ET needs).

ThompsonG DFO-MPO GC CA wrote:
> Hi
> It seems to me that ETs with 21st century electronics, some TLC,  new
> bearing, grease and new rear battery boxes could last another 30 years
> without a problem. Also with a source of new electric works :-)  more ET
> could be rescued and perhaps generate more interest in the great EV
> world.
> It seems to me that guys with EVs would be very interested in electric
> landscaping and snow removal etc.
> So, I just though I'd send this up as a trial balloon to see how much
> interest it would generate.
> Harry Landis and/or Rod Hower would you consider taking Rod's controller
> design and modifying (I suspect this is just a simpler version of current
> design) it for a E12 and B-145 and then either selling the CKT board, the
> plans or the entire unit.
> I would be willing to buy one (if it's the plan)  or several (if it's the
> board or the entire assembly) of these and in fact fund the development
> of
> the fist prototype. I think there a real need to update, at least our
> "working ETs".

_________
Jim Coate
1992 Chevy S10