[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (ET) lift motor update
- Subject: Re: (ET) lift motor update
- From: Tom Coate <tcoate coate org>
- Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:30:09 -0400
- Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:30:38 -0400
- Envelope-to: elec-trak-outgoing cosmos phy tufts edu
- In-reply-to: <3EA495B8 AA373E86 mail verizon net>
- Sender: owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Well, the 1976 Cadillac Eldorado driver's side window lift motor is too
late model. Correct motor, wrong plug.
So maybe its the hard way to do it, but I did make one of the motors of
that vintage work. I was in a hurry to get the front lift working after
the original gave out last summer, so I picked up a unit at the local
junkyard from a 76 Chevy something or other. It only had two external
connectors instead of three, counting on the case being grounded as the
third. So I cut the lead from the brush that was soldered to the case and
ran a wire from it out through a small hole I drilled in the case.
Hooked it up and been using it since. I'm sure it won't last forever, but
it was quick and cheap.
- Tom Coate