Re: (ET) lift motor update

Well, the 1976 Cadillac Eldorado driver's side window lift motor is too
late model. Correct motor, wrong plug.

So maybe its the hard way to do it, but I did make one of the motors of that vintage work. I was in a hurry to get the front lift working after the original gave out last summer, so I picked up a unit at the local junkyard from a 76 Chevy something or other. It only had two external connectors instead of three, counting on the case being grounded as the third. So I cut the lead from the brush that was soldered to the case and ran a wire from it out through a small hole I drilled in the case.

Hooked it up and been using it since. I'm sure it won't last forever, but it was quick and cheap.

- Tom Coate
Leesburg, VA
E-20