[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
(ET) lift motor update
- Subject: (ET) lift motor update
- From: Seth <vze3v25q verizon net>
- Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 21:07:04 -0400
- Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 07:52:08 -0400
- Envelope-to: elec-trak-outgoing cosmos phy tufts edu
- Reply-to: vze3v25q verizon net
- Sender: owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Well, the 1976 Cadillac Eldorado driver's side window lift motor is too
late model. Correct motor, wrong plug. Looks like a Cardone
(remanufacturer brand) 42-11 or 42-12 would be right, I got a 42-15.
Something from early 1970 or the 1960s.
So I didn't buy it ($68 local). I fiddled with the existing unit I
rebrushed and although my power supply wouldn't start it up, the
Rod Hower would be pleased to know they are copper doped fractional
horsepower 90V Baldor motor brushes cut down to fit. But I suspectmost
anything would have worked.