Re: (ET) advice on rear battery box and fenders

Don't know the cost - I just built a new battery box though. To build one
just like original is tough because of the all the bends. The next one I
make will be a four piece and should be very easy to do. I used 14 gauge
steel (.075") which was a bit difficult to work with but should last a lot
longer. I'd probably use 16 gauge (.062") next time). I believe the
original
is 0.050". I made mine 1" higher to accomodate the newer battery posts.

>From my limited experience the fenders stay in good shape, which is good
>as
they would be difficult to replicate. They are spot welded on but can be
easily removed with a spot weld removal tool (fits on drill).

If you can't get one from Bill I could send you drawings of mine and you
can
make one or get one made locally. Shouldn't cost too much. If you have a
Vo-Tech center in the area you might be able to get one made cheaply there.

SteveS
E12Ss
E20