From: "Don Barry" <Don Barry kirbycorp com>
To: <pw12423 earthlink net>; <solidtech qwest net>
Cc: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 8:30 AM
Subject: (ET) Re: newly designated librarian for elec-trak

Paul,

I have a brand-spankin' new HP D145 printer-copier-scanner. The scanner has
am automatic  sheet feeder on it. I recently also purchased ScanSoft's
OmniPage Pro Office software ($400), which is made for bulk feeding of
documents.

I've scanned a bunch of stuff for my Homeowners' Association, it works
quite
fast, and outputs PDF's complete with indexes.

Fair warning though, because of their age, most ET documents will need to
be
photocopied first to remove the "yellowing" (all modern copy machines have
special algorithms to do this), and then scan in the photcopy output. IN
THE
CASE OF MANUALS, ETC, THIS MEANS CUTTING THE SPLINE OF THE MANUALS
(unbinding them) , so you can sheet-feed the pages.

We also need to be aware of not posting up the ET Homeowner's manual as
Bill
Gunn sells that one.

So I can scan your stack of stuff, but the stack may not look very pretty
afterward!

Anybody want to be an assistant to get Paul's stack of stuff decently
photocopied?

Regards,

Don
Humble Webmaster of www.elec-trak.org & www.elec-trak.com