(ET) Re: newly designated librarian for elec-trak

Paul,

I have a brand-spankin' new HP D145 printer-copier-scanner. The scanner
has am automatic  sheet feeder on it. I recently also purchased ScanSoft's
OmniPage Pro Office software ($400), which is made for bulk feeding of
documents.

I've scanned a bunch of stuff for my Homeowners' Association, it works
quite fast, and outputs PDF's complete with indexes.

Fair warning though, because of their age, most ET documents will need to
be photocopied first to remove the "yellowing" (all modern copy machines
have special algorithms to do this), and then scan in the photcopy output.
IN THE CASE OF MANUALS, ETC, THIS MEANS CUTTING THE SPLINE OF THE MANUALS
(unbinding them) , so you can sheet-feed the pages.

We also need to be aware of not posting up the ET Homeowner's manual as
Bill Gunn sells that one.

So I can scan your stack of stuff, but the stack may not look very pretty
afterward!

Anybody want to be an assistant to get Paul's stack of stuff decently
photocopied?

Regards,

Don
Humble Webmaster of www.elec-trak.org & www.elec-trak.com
1970 E-15, fully restored
Houston, Texas

>>> "Paul Wood" <pw12423 earthlink net> 03/11/03 04:47AM >>>
Dear Fellow ET'er and now librarian, Joe:
The  following statement of yours is a godsend:
" So, who has a sheet feeder on their scanner and would want to do this?
(my scanner is
an older HP 4C with only the manual sheet feeder - but this could be an
excuse to buy a new one...)" Joe in Colorado.
Let me know where to mail the books. I am pleased to accept your generous
and
much appreciated gesture on behalf of all ET'rs everywhere.
(To Wombat and all, please feel free to comment either way, as I  have a
tendency to act first and then canvas and ask permission later.)
  Paul Wood, Lincoln, Ne