From: "Rod Hower" <rodhower ameritech net>
To: "Don Barry" <Don Barry kirbycorp com>
Cc: "<Elec-trak" <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 7:44 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) What for our future?

> http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/
> This is a world wide album of electric vehicles, most of them autos.
> A similar format would be nice for the Elec Traks.
> Mike Chancey created this photo album and would probably
> be more than happy to share the template for the Elec Trak site.
> Perhaps you could email him.
> P.S. I bought my 1994 Dodge TEVan off Mike
> http://www.qsl.net/w8rnh/tevanh/page1.html
> My E trak pictures are here..
> http://www.qsl.net/w8rnh/etrakh/page1.html
> .....Maybe I should make an album?
> Rod
>
> Don Barry wrote:
>
> >Hello All,
> >
> >Tonight I was pondering upgrading things on the www.elec-trak.org (or
.com) website. I thought it would be good to poll everyone on some of my
thoughts. Please give this some thought and email back yours.

> > Hopping on top of my E-15's seat, here I go:
> >
> >- I don't feel like our numbers are increasing much. If you look at some
of the other tractor clubs, they seem more robust. What to do (or is it not
a problem) ?

> >- It breaks my heart to think running (or nearly running) ET's are
sitting unused or in the junkpile. Why can't we as group make some of them
running and GIVE them to groups (like a church, city, any
enviromentally-active company or whatever) to use? The more folks who see
an
ET makes more folks who might want one.

> >- I feel that we all answer the same questions over and over again. As
> >we
do not have an indexed archive for our email messages, a lot of info gets
lost.

> >- While the websites are good, there isn't any easy way for us to upload
and comment out information individually or spontaneously. This would be
invaluable for those of use with problems to submit a picture (worth a
thousand words, I hear).

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums You can all guess what car I drive.
> >This site is uses a popular package called vbulletin.  One of the
interesting things here is you can have multiple admins/moderators for the
foums.

> >So far the downside is that we're really used to seeing the emails.
Typically on the forums you need to "subscribe" to a discussion group, and
then you'll get an email whenever something changes on that group. You
still
need to go to the WWW site to read/write messages. But you get to see pics
then too.
> >==================================================
> >Another is that I've been doing is re-writing the www interface to
something much simpler. Right now you *have* to use MacroMedia Dreamweaver
to edit the site. I used a template (which I thought was cool), but now
with
so many changes means any menu-update means updating over 60 template-ed
pages. It's getting kinda kwirky doing the updates.
years (www.elec-trak.org and www.elec-trak.com).
> >The ISP is paid up for the next two years (cost is $240/year). We're
> >only
using about 35% of the allocated disk space, and about 5% of the bandwidth.
> >My darling bride bought me (or should I say let me buy) a brand-new HP
officejet d145 combo printer-scanner-fax for Christmas. The scanner has a
SHEET FEEDER (Thank God)... Omnipage Pro 12 Office software is also on
order.. this should allow almost automatic generation of PDF files.
Currently the page-by-page scan on the old HPScanJet 3300C was about 15-20
minutes per page...