Re: (ET) E20 For Sale or Auction With Tiller and Dozer Blade

At 09:02 AM 11/12/2002, you wrote:
On 11 Nov 2002 at 23:35, Reed Mueller wrote:

> I think an electric golf cart would be more suitable for my family.

Are you sure you want to give it up?  It sounds like you're using this just
to get around your property and maybe haul stuff, not as a mower / tiller /
snow mover.

With the ET's transmission, I would think it would be ~better~ than a golf
car for dealing with hilly territory.  I have a very hilly 3 acres and have
had very little trouble.

Is the problem traction on slippery grass?

Thanks for the reply David.

I would really like to keep the E20. I love electric vehicles.

At the bottom of our yard is grass then it changes to dirt - sand - sand with rocks then a 45 degree solid rock butte at the top that's about 300 feet tall. We mow with an electric mower. We have a garden half way up the hill. It's not a traction issue, more of a rough terrain issue. Maybe I can have fun grading the yard with it :)

I find that using the weight box
in the rear, with a few extra old batteries in it for mass, helps when the
grass is wet and I have traction problems.  Some people have also reported
that traction is improved by replacing the hardened old tires.  (If you
have
nice grass, you probably don't want to go to chains.)

Of course, it is noisier than a golf car: is that an issue?

It seems pretty quiet to me. I've only drove it about 10-15 miles so far.

If you need to carry a passenger (possibly two?), I think Bill Gunn at Tech
Service can still supply the wide bench seat to make it a better people
mover.

We have 2 kids and we need to drive them to the bus stop every day.
I was thinking a golf cart would be more practical but I could always hook a wagon to the back of the E20.

I apologize if I'm making inappropriate assumptions here.  What are your
problems with the ET?  Maybe we can help you solve them.

I downloaded all the service manuals and besides a relay and a burnt out headlight bulb I seem to be ok for now.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
Thou shalt not send me any thing which says unto thee, "send this to all

thou knowest."  Neither shalt thou send me any spam, lest I smite thee.

Est. yearly US cost to safeguard Persian Gulf oil supply: $50 billion

Est. 2001 value of US crude oil imports from Persian Gulf: $19 billion
-- Harper's Index, April 2002