Re: (ET) Wheel Horse/Elec-Trak Charger

At 07:06 PM 10/5/02 , HWZ wrote:
Charger doesn't work(Hums,but has no output)

The power disconnect switch near your left knee must be on to charge. Common charger problems are bad diodes, capacitor, connections, see past messages.

Forward/Reverse toggle switch is erratic .

My Wheel Horse is wired much like the 26AE20EA (page 7-16) in the GE manual. Direction is reversed by 2 large "starter solenoids" which may be damaged. The other 2 are for forward. In reverse a small relay RTN-R in front of the dash is energized (which may have dirty contacts - try this first).

Front tires and bearings in front wheels are shot(common problem?)

Available from Bill Gunn

Cruise control/Power surge switch doesn't seem to operate properly.

I've never used it (doesn't seem to work either) and don't see any reason to fix it.

Paul and Sue Abendroth
pabendro gemair com
our permanent address is pabendroth dma org