Re: (ET) minimum charging voltage

Yes, I did check each battery and all had identical voltages ( I suspected a bad cell too).
----- Original Message -----
To: SteveS
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 3:25 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) minimum charging voltage

The peak charging voltage should be pretty much determined by the charger transformer.  Undercharging the batteries won't shorten the life, you just won't get the power out of them that you could.  Batteries will lose water over time, but the fact that they're not shouldn't be of any concern.  Typically, Electrak chargers put out about 42V when energized.  (I'm relying on a 30yr. old memory)  You may have a battery with a bad cell.  Disconnect the batteries and measure the voltage on each one.  They should be almost identical, if not, the low one is the bad one.
Bob Hemingway