Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 9:16 PM
Subject: (ET) Any suggestions?

My E12 quit running. While checking out why it stopped,  I noticed that the large resistor that is located just behind the front grill, (it looks like a large flat white board with a metal strap wrapped around it about 5 times) started to glow red hot after just a few seconds of holding the throttle in forward or reverse.
I have another E12 that works, so I swapped resistors. Same problem. I switched motors. Same problem.
Could anyone give me some suggestions as to why the resistor glows red?