Re: (ET) New member - E15 that was on Ebay

On 5 Aug 2002 at 10:03, Rod Hower wrote:

> Does anybody have recommendations on where I can get yellow paint
> that comes in a spray can?

In my experience, John Deere Yellow is close enough for painting entire
assemblies.  If you use it for spotting in, the difference in the shade is
~much~ more apparent and IMHO pretty unattractive.  Whether this bothers
~you~ depends on how fussy you are, I guess.  JDY is available in many
spray
paint lines at various department stores, hardware stores, and farm stores.

Ron -- in our area, Manchester Hardware carries a decent quality farm
impliment enamel line in spray cans.  Go in the door, turn left into the
paint section, and go down to the endcap near the paint mixer.

I heard somewhere that New Holland Yellow is supposed to be a perfect
match.
 I have some in a quart can which I've brushed on in a couple places (got
it
at one of the farm stores, Quality Farm and Fleet or something), and it
seems about right.

Congratulations on getting the tractor, and welcome to ET ownership.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
Thou shalt not send me any thing which says unto thee, "send this to all

thou knowest."  Neither shalt thou send me any spam, lest I smite thee.

Est. yearly US cost to safeguard Persian Gulf oil supply: $50 billion

Est. 2001 value of US crude oil imports from Persian Gulf: $19 billion
                                -- Harper's Index, April 2002