Re: (ET) [Fwd: Key Switch]

I got a nice universal car-type key switch at WalMart for less than $10!  More positions and terminals than actually needed, but the current capacity is probably 30-ampish and the price was right.

"Hazen, Dwight L" wrote:
> I recommend keeping the key switch for safety reasons.

Oh, no doubt, since my 2 year old likes to climb on the tractor when
we're not looking (if I turn my back for 2 seconds, he's on the tractor
in 1).  With me keeping the PTO switch on while I'm charging, that means
all the little guy would have to do is flip a switch on and off he goes
into danger.  Thus the reason I'm inquiring into a replacement key
switch, which I plan to install today, now that I have sufficient info.

For safety reasons, I'm already keeping the gear shift in neutral and
the mower deck unplugged while the ET is parked.

--
mailto:Jeremy Gagliardi com